January 2024 City-by-City Breakdown
- The median sales price for single-family homes in January 2024 surged to $1,237,526, boasting a 70% month-over-month increase.
- A perfect sale to list price ratio of 100.44% signifies that homes are selling slightly above the asking price. A direct hit against the LA times article that says Palm Springs Home sales are plummeting.
- A total of 34 homes were sold, marking a significant increase in sales volume.
- The average days on market (DOM) stood at 77, offering a relatively quick turnaround for sales.
- Single-family homes experienced a slight increase in median sales price to $541,000, showing market stability.
- The sales to list price ratio for single-family homes was 96.55%, indicating close alignment between asking and selling prices.
- There was a month-over-month decrease in the number of homes sold to 21.
- The condos saw a notable decrease in median sales price to $315,000, a potential indicator of a buyer’s market.
- The median sales price for single-family homes decreased to $1,100,000, down by 11% from the previous month.
- The sales to list price ratio remained strong at 97.8%, underscoring the market’s resilience.
- Condo sales showed a decrease with 12 homes sold, and the median sales price slightly decreased to $522,500.
- Condos had an average DOM of 38, suggesting a quicker sale process than the previous month.
- Single-family homes saw a median sales price of $615,000, a small dip from December’s figures.
- The sales to list price ratio for single-family homes was 97.56%, maintaining consistency in market value.
- The number of condos sold increased to 51, reflecting heightened market activity.
- The average sales price per square foot for condos was $340, showcasing the value in this property type.
- There was a notable rise in the median sales price for single-family homes to $2,125,000, up by 40% month-over-month.
- Single-family homes also saw a sales to list price ratio of 95.62%, slightly below the asking price on average.
- Condos in Indian Wells had a significant increase in median sales price to $850,000.
- The number of condos sold was 7, indicating a stable market presence.
- The median sales price for single-family homes increased to $833,500, reflecting a robust start to the year.
- Single-family homes experienced an uptick in sales, with 66 homes sold in January 2024.
- Condos in La Quinta saw a decrease in median sales price to $609,500.
- The number of condos sold remained steady at 11, mirroring the sales from December.
- The median sales price for single-family homes grew slightly to $532,495, showing a stable appreciation in value.
- Single-family homes maintained a sale to list price ratio of 97.85%, a healthy market indicator.
- The number of single-family homes sold was 60, a small increase from the previous month.
- Condos saw no change in the median sales price but experienced a dip in sales volume to 2 units sold.
The Coachella Valley real estate market kicked off the year with a host of intriguing developments. January 2024’s performance across various cities has painted a picture of a market in motion, responding actively to the shifts in the economic environment and buyer-seller dynamics.
Single-Family Homes: A Strong Start with Room for Growth
Single-family homes across the valley have entered the new year with a stable footing. The market’s average median sales price has witnessed a moderate uptick, hinting at the underlying strength of the housing sector despite economic uncertainties. This is further exemplified by the significant increase in new listings, which surged by 12% from the previous month, signaling sellers’ confidence propelled by consistent demand.
Yet, the market complexity is evident in the balanced Months of Supply Inventory (MSI), which sits at 5 months. This equilibrium suggests a market well-poised between the interests of buyers and sellers, offering ample choice for the former and holding power for the latter, as reflected in the near-asking-price sales.
Condos: Embracing Affordability and Flexibility
The condo market narrative diverges, marking a 16% increase in new listings, an indicator of a market adapting to the growing call for affordable and adaptable living spaces. The marginal rise in active inventory suggests a quick absorption rate, a positive sign for sellers capitalizing on swift sales.
Condos also display a rise in the average sales price per square foot, indicating an elevated interest in high-quality condominiums. With the average DOM experiencing a slight increase, buyers find themselves with more leverage and time to make informed decisions, a slight pivot towards a buyer’s market.
Market Fluidity: Balancing Supply and Demand
The fluid nature of the Coachella Valley market is becoming more pronounced, with properties spending a few more days on the market, pointing towards a tempered rush and thoughtful negotiations. This increase in DOM reflects a balanced market where neither party feels pressured, allowing for better-aligned sale terms.
New Listings: Indicators of a Confident Market
The surge in new listings at the year’s outset speaks volumes about the market’s vibrancy. Sellers are keenly aware of the previous year’s momentum and are entering the market enthusiastically. The healthy absorption rate ensures that this influx of listings doesn’t lead to over saturation, maintaining a healthy pace of sales.
Pricing Dynamics: Reflecting Market Sentiments
Price adjustments are par for the course in any real estate market, and Coachella Valley’s adjustments reflect a market attuned to the economic climate and consumer expectations. While median sales prices have seen a minor pullback from the previous year, the ascending average sales prices suggest a market that values quality and is prepared to invest in properties that resonate with buyers’ preferences.
Conclusion: A Market Ripe with Potential
The Coachella Valley real estate market in January 2024 is marked by opportunity. The balanced MSI and the modest increase in DOM create a conducive environment for negotiation without compromising the potential for property value growth. The upswing in new listings presents fresh opportunities for buyers and enhanced visibility for sellers in a market that is both dynamic and resilient.
Navigating this market requires staying informed and responsive to monthly shifts. With a keen understanding of market trends and data, stakeholders in the Coachella Valley can strategically position themselves for success in 2024.
As the year progresses, the real estate market in Coachella Valley promises diversity in its trends. Some areas are witnessing notable price growth, while others maintain stability or see slight price corrections. For prospective market entrants, now may be an opportune moment, with new listings broadening the spectrum of choices. Sellers can take advantage of a market that, in many areas, is still achieving prices at or above the asking rate. Keep an eye on our blog for continuous updates and in-depth analysis to guide you with confidence through the Coachella Valley real estate market.